Harvest season means finding new ways to incorporate apples into practically everything – and this Cider Bourbon Smash is perfectly poised to be a new fall favorite. Pick up fresh apple cider from your local orchard. If that’s not an option, look in the refrigerated section of your grocery store near the juice aisle. Some grocers sell local seasonal products, including fresh ciders, during the autumn months. Unfiltered apple juice is an alternative if you’re in a pinch.
- Handful of ice cubes
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) bourbon
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) fresh apple cider
- 1 teaspoon unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- Dash of cinnamon or garnish with cinnamon stick
- Thinly sliced apple and a sprig of fresh thyme
- Fill a cocktail shaker with a handful of ice cubes and combine the bourbon, fresh apple cider and apple cider vinegar. Shake, shake, shake until thoroughly mixed and chilled, about 30 seconds.
- Fill a cocktail glass or 8-ounce mason jar with ice and, using a strainer, pour the Cider Bourbon Smash over the ice.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick and a sprig of time and serve.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bourbon smash, apple cider cocktail, bourbon apple cider
Looking for cocktail recipes? Fall for this Maple Old Fashioned that’s perfect for autumn entertaining.