Cozy up with a heaping bowl of Harvest Pumpkin Chipotle Chili. This autumn-inspired recipe has everything you might expect of a spicy fall chili – plus cinnamon and pumpkin ale for good measure! Bonus that it’s easy to throw together. You can even prep the ingredients in advance and dump it into a Dutch oven later for an easy weeknight dinner. Enjoy!
- 16 ounces (1 pound) lean ground beef or bison
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed or avocado oil
- 1 medium yellow or white onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 chipotle chilis in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 15–ounce can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15–ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15–ounce can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15–ounce can pureed pumpkin
- 1 15–ounce can fire-roasted tomatoes in their juices
- 1 15–ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 12–ounces pumpkin ale
- 1 cup no-salt or low-sodium beef stock
- Green onion or chives, chopped (optional)
- Avocado slices (optional)
- Dollop of sour cream (optional)
- Cracked black pepper (optional)
- Heat dutch oven over medium-high heat and cook beef or bison until just browned and reduce heat to medium. Using a strainer, drain the meat of excess grease and set aside in a separate bowl.
- Heat oil over medium heat and saute onion until translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add garlic cloves and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the next six ingredients through oregano and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the next eight ingredients through beef broth and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Garnish as desired and serve!
- Beef broth can be used in place of the pumpkin ale.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Soups and Stews
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chili recipe, spicy chili recipe, spicy chipotle chili, pumpkin chili