Weekend mornings are for making memories in the kitchen and these Sweet Potato Pancakes are the perfect way do it! Savory with a touch of sweetness, this recipe was created by Tiffani Neal, founder of Atlanta-based Barlow’s Foods, which produces breakfast staples using organic ingredients and supports U.S. veterans with every online purchase. Barlow’s original pancake and waffle mix is hand-crafted in small batches and is dairy free, vegan-friendly and contains no additives, no artificial ingredients and no preservatives.
- 1 1/3 cup of Barlow’s Original Pancake Mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Walnuts or pecans, for garnish (optional)
- Maple syrup or honey, for drizzling (optional)
- In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients and whisk until evenly combined. Add milk, melted butter and vanilla and whisky to combine.
- Add sweet potato and mix until well combined.
- Heat a griddle or well-oiled pan to medium low and ladle about 1/2 cup of batter at a time into the pan. Cook until small bubbles form in the batter and the pancake is beginning to turn a golden shade on the bottom (about 3-4 minutes on medium-low heat). Flip the pancake and repeat.
- Barlow’s Foods Original Pancake Mix features organic, better-for-you ingredients. Use your favorite pancake mix in a pinch.
- Prep Time: 10 mins.
- Cook Time: 20 mins.
- Category: Breakfast + Brunch, Vegan, Vegetarian
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sweet potato pancakes, Barlow's Foods, pancake mix, easy pancake recipe