Light, simple and full of flavor, this Artichoke and Hearts of Palm Salad with Pancetta is one of my favorite salads. It’s perfect for when you’re craving a side salad with soup or you can add chicken or salmon and make it a meal. I serve it with my Creamy Herb-Dijon Vinaigrette but the flavors in this salad work well with a Balsamic or Italian dressing as well.
Artichoke and Hearts of Palm Salad with Pancetta
Looking for easy salad ideas? This Artichoke and Hearts of Palm Salad with Pancetta is a winner! Hearts of romaine, artichoke hearts, hearts of palm … there’s a lot to love about this salad. Hearts of palm are sold in most grocery stores in the canned or jarred vegetables section and are perfect for salads, omelets, creamy dips and pasta dishes. If you’ve never tried hearts of palm, this salad is a great introduction to the nutritious vegetable harvested from the cabbage palm tree.
- Total Time: 15 mins.
- Yield: Serves 2
- 4 ounces diced pancetta
- 5 ounces hearts of romaine lettuce (or greens of choice)
- 3/4 cup artichoke hearts, drained
- 3/4 cup hearts of palm, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoon Creamy Herb-Dijon Vinaigrette
- Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Over medium heat, saute the diced pancetta until crispy (about 5-7 minutes). Remove the pancetta from the skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Divide all other ingredients between two bowls and toss evenly with my Creamy Herb-Dijon Vinaigrette or your favorite salad dressing. Toss the pancetta into the salad and enjoy!
- I like to use diced pancetta, but feel free to use sliced pancetta or prosciutto in this recipe.
- Bulk up your salad with protein – cannellini beans, chickpeas, edamame, chicken and salmon are all delicious options.
- Prep Time: 5 mins.
- Cook Time: 10 mins.
- Category: Salads
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy salad recipe, easy salad ideas, healthy lunch, seasonal salad, vinaigrette recipe, hearts of palm