Nothing says holiday celebration like a signature cocktail and this Red Pear Sparkling Cocktail is as refreshing as it is beautiful. The team at Wolf Mountain Vineyards in Dahlonega, Georgia, created this holiday cocktail recipe exclusively for readers of Sweet New Roots! It features Wolf Mountain’s Blanc de Blancs Brut for those of us who love it and have it on hand, any dry Prosecco or Brut will work perfectly.
Wolf Mountain Vineyards produces sparkling wines using the French-style Méthode Champenoise requiring secondary fermentation in the bottle. As for the Blanc de Blancs Brut, it’s a winner – literally. The 2020 vintage walked away with the highest honor of the San Francisco International Wine Competition, including Best in Show and Best in Class.
The name Blanc de Blancs means “white from whites.“ This dry sparkling Chardonnay is described as light yet complex and expresses Wolf Mountain Vineyards’ signature style and offers a crisp, fruity and elegant style of sparkling wine. Hints of citrus, spice notes and crisp acidity make Blanc de Blancs Brut their premier sparkling wine. Wolf Mountain Vineyards produces several beautiful sparkling wines, including their Brut Rose, which we love so much that my husband and I hauled a case from Georgia to Texas for our wedding a few years ago.
- 1/2 ounce pear juice
- 1/2 ounce cranberry juice
- 1 ounce apple juice
- 4 ounces Blanc de Blancs Brut or any dry Prosecco or sparkling wine
- Rosemary, sugared cranberries, raspberries or pomegranate, for garnish (optional)
- Add the first three ingredients to the glass, pour the sparkling wine, gently mix with a spoon, garnish, serve and enjoy!
- If you’re serving guests, you can prepare this mixture in bulk using a mason jar or glass container. Store it in the refrigerator a day or two in advance. Fill the champagne flutes about one-third of the glass full and then add the sparkling wine. If you have time and space, chill your champagne flutes in advance as well.
- Prep Time: 5 mins.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: By hand
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sparkling wine cocktail, holiday cocktail, holiday drink recipe, sparkling wine